Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back! :) Our Autumn Term is now well underway and we're all very proud of the children for making such a fantastic start to their first year in school.
Here are a few reminders about routines in Reception:
- Our PE day will be a Wednesday each week and we are lucky enough to have the Newcastle United Foundation in school.The children will only need to bring their PE bag to school on a Wednesday and it will be sent home at the end of the day.
- Book bags and diaries only need to be in school on a Monday and Friday.
- Water bottles can be sent in on a Monday and will be returned each Friday.
- We spend lots of time outside exploring the world around us. It would be very helpful if your child could have a named pair of wellies in school at all times. We are lucky enough to have waterproof suits in Reception for each child!
- If there are any changes, please let us know who will be collecting your child by writing in their diary on a Monday. Alternatively you can call school on 01661 832581 or contact us by emailing email@example.com
- All uniform should be labelled, including coats, shoes and PE kits. This is very important as clothes do end up on the wrong bodies during PE!
Learning in Reception
In Reception we focus on the interests of the children and this half term the children have voted and chosen to learn about animals, with a focus on nocturnal animals. We will also explore how to keep our bodies healthy and safe and think about the people who help us. We will continue to work on the attached objectives for the term and more information will be provided via Tapestry each week.
This half term we will continue to learn new letters each week and work on blending sounds together in order to read words. We are also going to work on segmenting words in order to write them. Please continue to support your child at home by completing work set in their purple challenge book.
It's wonderful to have the children back in school and we're really looking forward to getting to know each of them better. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to chat to us at the start or end of the school day. Alternatively, you can communicate through your child's diary on a Monday or Friday or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all your amazing support so far.
Miss Bough & Mrs Lognonne