10th September 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Ovingham CE First School! Our Autumn Term is now well underway and the children have made a fantastic start to their first year in school. I'm sure you're all very proud of them, I certainly am!
Below is some information about this half term:
- Our PE day will be a Wednesday each week and we are lucky enough to have the Newcastle United Foundation in school.The children will only need to bring their PE bag to school on a Wednesday and it will be sent home at the end of the day.
- Book bags and diaries only need to be in school on a Monday and Friday.
- Water bottles can be sent in on a Monday and will be returned each Friday.
- We spend lots of time outside exploring the world around us. It would be very helpful if your child could have a named pair of wellies in school at all times. We are lucky enough to have waterproof suits in Reception for each child!
- If there are any changes, please let us know who will be collecting your child by writing in their diary on a Monday. Alternatively you can call school on 01661 832581 or contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All uniform should be labelled, including coats, shoes and PE kits. This is very important as clothes do end up on the wrong bodies during PE!
Learning in Reception
In Reception we focus on the interests of the children and plan appropriate, challenging learning experiences in order for each child to reach their full potential. We will explore the world around us and look closely at ourselves, our families and friends, how we are special and all different, our local area and the people who help us. Attached is a copy of our objectives for the term and more information will be provided via Tapestry each week.
Over the next few weeks, we will be starting our Read, Write Inc programme where the children will be taught to recognise new letters and link them to the correct sound. We will then work on blending sounds together in order to read simple words. More information will be sent out about this over the next few weeks.
It's wonderful to have the children back in school and we're really looking forward to the year ahead. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to chat to us at the start or end of the school day. Alternatively, you can communicate through your child's diary on a Monday or Friday or email us on email@example.com
Miss Bough & Mrs Turner