Welcome to Reception!
The children are settling in to Reception extremely well and are becoming familiar with new routines and exciting challenges.
In the Reception team we have Miss Bough and Miss Allen. Mrs Raistrick will also be teaching in Reception on Monday afternoons.
Here are a few reminders about the routines in Reception:
- Book bags need to come in to school every day, including sound books and home/school diaries.
- If there are any changes, please indicate who will be collecting your child from school in their diary.
- Water bottles are provided by school and will be sent home on Fridays, and are to be returned on Mondays.
- PE bags should come in on Mondays and remain in school all week. They will be sent home every Friday.
- All uniform should be labelled, including coats, shoes and PE kits. This is very important as you can imagine that clothes do end up on the wrong bodies during P.E!
This half term we are finding out about ‘All About Us’. Here we will concentrate on ourselves and our family, and how we are all unique and special. Sharing, ‘kind hands’ and respecting one another will also be a huge focus this half term and throughout the year.
We are also learning 1 new sound each day and your child will receive a copy of this sound in their homework books. Please try and complete the sound work provided with your child every night as it makes a huge difference to their confidence! Please see the front of the book for further guidance regarding homework.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. You can catch me before school or at the end of the school day. Alternatively, you can communicate through your child’s home/school diary.
I am certainly looking forward to an exciting and busy year with your children!