Dear parents and carers,
First of all, a huge welcome to those who have newly joined us on our learning journey in Year 3 and a big welcome back to those I taught in Year 1 and joined us last year! It is wonderful to hear the classrooms filled with laughter and energy again and I’m looking forward to taking this wonderful bunch to their next stage of learning.
School is very much the same but with added routines to keep everyone safe. The resilience of children never ceases to amaze me and they have taken all the new procedures in their stride.
Below is some information about this half term:
- Book bags and homework diaries only need to come into school on a Monday and a Friday. We will change reading books on a Monday and if you could return them on a Friday so they have the chance to be left out over the weekend quarantine.
- Our PE day will be a Wednesday so children will only need to bring their kits in on this day. They will be returned at the end of the same day for washing for the following week. We are lucky to have the Newcastle United Foundation in school again and they will be delivering our PE lesson.
- We have had a revamp of our outdoor area and plan to spend an afternoon each week (Tuesdays with Ms Foster) to take our learning outdoors.Please can children keep a named pair of wellies in school at all times. They can be stored under their pegs.
- Water bottles can be sent in on a Monday and returned home on a Friday.
- We are trying to reduce the items brought in from home so please don’t bring in valuables or any items for show and tell. Do send in a photo to email@example.com if you’d like to share some of your extra-curricular news with us.
- Spellings will be given out in diaries each week. We will be encouraging children to write their own spellings to bring home to learn – do give them a once over before you practise. Copying spellings from the board is still very much a skill that we are still developing! Children will have a spelling test each Friday.
- Please provide an item of fruit each day for a daily snack. Please note, children store these in their shallow drawers so if fruit is sent in boxes then please can it be a small one!
This half term we will be focusing on our well-being and have a big focus on handwriting and spelling. In maths we will be focusing on place value and our main History and English focus will be based on the Stone Age.
Thank you for all the hard work you have done with your children over our unusual period of schooling. As both a parent and teacher I am loving having the children back at school! Should you have any queries or questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Weatherspoon, Miss Robinson and Mrs Smith