- We believe that all children can achieve at their own level in music. All children are encouraged to participate.
- Children are given the opportunity to explore how the music of a variety of genres, and from different cultures makes them feel, and express this through the means most suitable to their differing needs. They should be encouraged to make music using tuned and untuned instruments that reflect their understanding and appreciation of a variety of stimuli that are adapted where needed.
- Provide extra time to listen to music and support language to form opinions with peers and teachers and teaching assistants.
- We create an environment which encourages a growth mindset and for all children to partake in appraisal, composing and performing music.
At the beginning of each lesson there are opportunities to revisit previous concepts, music and vocabulary.
We provide a wide range of music for appraisal to allow for opportunities for discussion. Where possible, music is supported by videos of individuals playing instruments to aid understanding.
- We understand that some children with sensory needs may feel overwhelmed in music lessons so we check-in regularly to ascertain their emotions.